Reply To: Accepted? Or Tolerated?

Strokefocus Admin
Participant
Clem, I hear you.
Let’s not be oblivious to the other side of the picture.
When the tuition bill arrives for my very talented daughter, I know there is no way we could pay it off without the income my wife brings in. She found herself a nice job after my stroke. Overtime is a norm for her now. 
When her best girlfriend Lana visited us after her last trip to the US 5 years ago, Lana was shocked to see how much gray hair my wife has now. “What did you do to Hong?” Lana asked me jokingly. They are of the same age. Hong used to look much younger than Lana. Now with dying her hair, Hong could be confused as Lana’s aunt.
Will these go away with a positive determination? I wish.
Will these keep frustrating a man who loves his wife and family dearly? Yes, especially realizing if I knew just a little more about stroke, maybe all these could have been avoided.
When a sharp neural pain wakes me up in the mid night, I pray to the Lord to give me guidance if I should wake my wife up to send me to the ER again or I should sleep it away. Is this a positive experience? I wish this happens to no one. And I can only pray that whatever choice I make, its negative impact on my wonderful wife would be the minimum.
After I shared my story in greater detail with my girl, she was in tears. It inspired her instead of weakening her. I am also wondering what I could do to enlighten her with more stroke awareness to help her best avoid what I have gone through. 
To stay positive means we face the facts and learn to handle them accordingly. Knowledge is power, especially knowledge gained through our own experience. 
I enjoy what our friends are sharing. I am humbled by their trust in this platform.